Welcome To Zensations
If this is your first visit to a massage therapist you may not know what to expect. Don’t worry, Zensations is a warm and friendly place and your therapist is experienced and professionally trained, she will ensure you feel comfortable at all times.
You will be listened to, and every effort will be made to help you obtain the positive changes that you want to achieve, in order to improve your health, fitness and well-being. At Zensations all your personal and clinical details are dealt with in the strictest confidence.
If you’re not sure about what to expect on your first visit to Zensations: Please take a look at our step-by-step guide below.
Your Visit To Zensations...
- In the days before your treatment, drink plenty of water.
- Don’t eat a large meal just before you arrive.
- Give yourself plenty of time to arrive on time and relaxed. If you are rushing and arrive stressed, it will take longer to reach a relaxed state.
- If you have a fever, or feel ill, nauseated, or dizzy: contact Zensations to reschedule your visit.
So you’ve booked your appointment…. A top tip is to aim to arrive a couple of minutes early, so you don’t miss out on any valuable massage time that you’ve paid for. Your therapist will meet and greet you and you’ll be given a health questionnaire to complete.
Your consultation and assessment on your first visit is free of charge, it will take around 20 – 30 minutes to complete, on top of your massage time, for example; if you pay for an hour of massage – you’ll receive an hour of massage!
Your therapist will sit down with you and discuss your health history, any concerns you may have and what you would like to achieve from your treatment. The information you provide helps your therapist determine what techniques to use to best achieve your specific needs. Your consultation and assessment on your first visit will take significantly longer than on any following visits.
If you have come for a sports massage or remedial massage your therapist may also carry out a postural assessment and possibly range of movement assessments. Zensations uses an advanced software program to precisely measure and record your posture alignment; it produces an on the spot report, which highlights and measures any postural deviations that you may have. We can then work together to improve your posture through a combination of massage, a tailor made exercise routine and postural awareness. As we progress through your treatments and regime, we can easily compare posture reports to view your progression. After your treatment, your postural report will be emailed to you.
Top tip – Wear close fitting garments for your postural assessment (e.g. stretchy shorts & top).This is because in order to get the most precise screening of your posture, we need to be easily able to pinpoint the outline of your body.
Now your therapist has completed the assessments, it allows her to create a customised and safe treatment plan. Your therapist will discuss the treatment plan with you to ensure you are completely happy and agree with what is proposed before you proceed.
Your therapist will then leave the room while you get ready for your massage in private. Many people worry about modesty. You will be covered under large towels for the entire session, except for the area being worked on. You don’t need to be completely undressed; so leave your pants on. Your therapist wants you to be as comfortable as you can be, so you should undress to your own level of comfort. However, you should remove your jewellery, so that it doesn’t interfere with the massage. Once you are on the massage couch, you can cover yourself over with the large towels provided. Your therapist will knock on the door to ensure you are ready before re-entering.
Your therapist will ensure that you are comfortable; she may use extra pillows, bolsters or a head rest to support your body comfortably. You can have the temperature of the couch adjusted to suit your preference. Massage oil will be applied to your skin to reduce drag and then your therapist will begin your agreed massage treatment. You will be asked from time to time if the pressure is okay; at any time please tell her if you prefer a firmer or softer pressure, because everyone has different preferences – this is your massage.
When your massage is complete, your therapist will check how you are feeling and offer you a drink of water. Your therapist will then leave the room so that you can get dressed in private. When she returns she will give you some aftercare advice to follow at home, so you can achieve the best results from your treatment. Your therapist will then take your payment (if you haven’t already pre-paid) and assist you with booking your next appointment.
What our clients say about us
- Sally is a great massage therapist, she has helped me with all kinds of sports injuries over the years. Her treatments are always thorough and effective, she's friendly, professional and comfortable, Thank you for all your help Sally!Katy Wasiukiewicz
- I recently went for my first appointment with Sally for a pregnancy massage due to an aching back from all the extra weight on the front! Sally made me feel welcome immediately and the atmosphere of the studio instantly made me feel relaxed. The massage experience itself was brilliant and Sally freed my back from the tight tension I went in with. The overall experience was amazing from start to finish and I'll definitely be heading back again. Thank you Sally!
- I immediately felt at ease when I visited for the first time. Sally is very skilled at remedial massage and acupuncture. She took a lot of time to understand the problem and give the treatment. I started to feel the benefits the next day and had further improvements after each session. I would thoroughly recommend Sally.
- I have been going to the gym for several years now. I’m in my mid fifties and every so often I seem to injure myself for one reason or another. I end up having to take time out from the gym until I recover. One nagging problem I had for about two years, before meeting Sally, was Golfers elbow. I had been to the Doctors a few times regarding this problem, and I was told to wear a Tennis /Golfer Elbow support strap and stay away from weights in the Gym. But when I met Sally and she told me she could help, I thought I would give it a try. Well, if I’d have known Sally could relieve the pain in just a few massages I would have gone to her a lot sooner. I wish the Doctor had told me to get help rather than fobbing me off with a couple of useless suggestions. I’m now a regular at Sally’s, she just seems to know what is needed for whatever I go to see her about, I now go for prevention massages rather than wait until I’m injured, Sally will recommend stretches to prevent future problems when she notices tight muscles. Sally gives a very relaxing, unhurried massage. Every time I see her, she is so professional and knowledgeable, and her room is so relaxing with the soft music and oil diffuser fragrances. Sally is also very easy to get on with. I would recommend Sally to anyone and in fact I already have, to more than a few.
The reflexology sessions that I receive from Sally are relaxing and peaceful. She is very careful and has a high standard work, which helps me to feel better and improve my general well-being. I would highly recommend Sally as a therapist.Irina Saratova
- After suffering with facial pain and sinus problems for more than two years I decided to try massage for stress relief. I can honestly say that after only two treatments from Sally my symptoms have started to ease and my energy levels have increased. Sally offers a comfortable and professional service and I would highly recommend the remedial facial and neck massage.